2015

2015

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I have so many things for which I am thankful.  I humbly feel that my life has been blessed in more ways that I could ever count. 

While I like to use my 'special' things as often as I get a chance, this year as had 9 family members which includes my sweet and special 21 months old granddaughter.   I wanted to pull out as many stops as possible without making everyone too uncomfortable!!

How could anyone be uncomfortable with a high chair in the mix.
















The china is Syracus Nimbus Platinum that I have been collecting for years.  I love the simplicity, the ivory color and the silver colored rim.  I used to think  I had to stay away from gold rimmed china because of using sterling flatware.

The napkin rings and chargers were at Walmart last year after the holiday and were on sale.  I opted for these instead of silver chargers for the afternoon dinner so it would be a little less formal.

The sterling is the Francis 1 pattern from Reed and Barton I splurged on when they had their 100 anniversary of the pattern in 2006 and I continue to add to it when I can.

The stemware was given to me by my wonderful Mother-in-Law and is Fostoria's Mulberry pattern.  It's not as ornate as many vintage Fostoria patterns and I just love it.  It's the pattern she picked when she married.  I believe this pattern is cut rather than etched.

I also used some of the Fostoria Meadow Rose serving pieces that she has given me over the years as Meadow Rose was her Mother's pattern.

The tablecloth and napkins came from Kohls a few years.  They have carried this pattern for a couple of years, which is good, because thankfully, I have been able to add to it.

I don't usually use place cards, but I couldn't resist the little turkey holders from Marshall's.

And of course, I am centerpiece challenged so there is not really a centerpiece -- more room for food.



It was a wonderfully traditional dinner, even it it was on Saturday rather than Thursday. 

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you've merged elegant family heirlooms with colorful new table linens (that have a vintage feel). The warm colors really make the table look inviting. Nicely done!

    Thank you for your comment about the April Cornell contest. Here's a link to their page: http://www.aprilcornell.com/category/decorating-contest?utm_source=eblast111910&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eblast111910

    Just send a photograph from your April Cornell post (or a link to the post would probably work), along with your name and whether you want to enter the Standard or Professional category. Entries go to aprilcornell@aprilcornellholdings.com
    and have to be in by Dec. 12.

    Happy Holidays,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous table linens! Just perfect for Thanksgiving. Loved your setting for the high chair tray! Gotta start the little ones off right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that decked out high chair and your glasses are gorgeous.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. The entire tablescape was lovely, but especially the napkins and the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.