2015

2015

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hydrangea Inspiration

I was so inspired by the hydrangeas in recent posts that I had to pull them inside and set a table.  They have turned from a bright fushia pink to this lovely mauvey color.

This weeks post for Tablescape Thursday pulls out all the purple I own!

I used a green sheer piece of material over a plain white tablecloth to bring out the green in the dishes.



A greenish urn worked perfectly for the flowers which, of course, will come off the table during dinner.
















The plates are 222 Fifth in their "Gabrielle" pattern picked up at Marshall's over the last year;
the purple goblets were a Good Will find for about $1.00 each;
the pieces are silver are from my thrift finds collected over many years;
the flatware is Reed and Barton "Francis 1";
the flowers are from my yard.

On update on the hydrangeas, they are turning a dusty lavender color so I'm sure I'll use them again before long.

Thanks so much for visiting me. 

Don't forget to visit Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for her wonderful blog, and for all the lovely tablescapes that are posted for Tablescape Thursday


16 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I love how the floral patterned plates echo the lush hydrangeas, and those purple stemmed glasses are wonderful! What a find those were! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table scape is so beautiful !The goblets were a great GW find .
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful setting...LOVE the dishes....cleo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hydrangeas are spectacular...I might just have to tell my guests to sit up straighter..LOL. The flowers are the perfect color for your gorgeous dinnerware...and the purple goblets are a great find! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your plates, this table has a bit of an exotic feel to it-fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ♥♥♥ that pattern...have two bowls that I use every morning for my cereal. I never have seen any of the plates at the TJM I go to. The stemware is so perfect with that pattern...great buy, too!
    Have a nice weekend, Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful hydrangeas and patterned dishes...You have a wonderful eye for color and style. sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one plate in that pattern. Now I know the name of it! I use it for cookies! I love that pattern. Your table is so pretty! Just love the hydrangeas! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those plates they are so pretty. I love your pitcher that is gorgeous! and those goblets wow purple! so pretty. You did a fantastic job.
    I am having a give away contest if you would like to participate that would be awesome! Have a great weekend. big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous tablescape! The hydrangeas are so pretty and those dishes are so beautiful. And your sterling...ooohhhhh.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi GS, thank you for visiting my blog this week - it was great to hear from you! I also wanted to be sure to tell you how beautiful your table is this week. The dishes are stunning but oh MY, those hydrangeas are heavenly! A detail I really like here is how the napkins are presented between the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post. I'm now your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tablescape is super-pretty. I love the colors you've chosen. I have the same dishes in a smaller size and I've never seen them look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dishes are beautiful. I love your whole table with the flowers and silver. Your needle work in the next post is also beautiful. Thanks for coming by.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tablescape is beautiful. I love the purple with the sage green and that pretty china.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The plates AND hydrangeas are to die for!

    =)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.