2015

2015

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My Haviland Find

I don't know about other 'dish freaks' but I have always wanted some Haviland Limoges.  Not sure why, but I have.  However, I'm not a huge fan of most of the patterns.  Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful and delicate and just breath taking.  But they seem so delicate and floral they just aren't me and I don't think I could ever make them 'work'. 

Recently I popped into one of my favorite shops and sitting on the floor in a shopping bag were some dishes.  They are 33 pieces total, simple pattern.  Two have minor chips.  But on the bag was $35.00 .  I turned the plate over and there is was "Haviland Limoges".  I went to the lady at the desk and asked her if the price was for the entire bag and when she said yes, I snatched them up and was outta there.

Do I need more dishes; of course not.  Do I have any place left in my house to store them; of course not.  Could I pass them up; of course not. 

The are Schlieger #278.  And are a simple pattern that I can definintely work.  So, without further delay, here they are.




Thanks so much for visiting.  Have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, what a find! That is such an elegant, simple pattern, and it will look great if you decide to mix and match it with other patterns! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pattern! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.