2015

2015

Monday, August 30, 2010

Is Moving Furniture Remodeling

I need the assistance of all you talented and creative bloggers out there.   

I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphasis Monday.  There are such amazing things on this web party that I couldn't resist enlisting some advice.   

The living room in our house has become a real challenge for me.  I want a room we can use, without alot of formality.  More like a parlor than a living room.  It's pretty large and is the last room I have to finish.

The room is rectangular so I decided to move my dining room table into the living room, in front of the window, and turn what is supposed to be the dining room into a sitting area.  Although it's a beautiful home and I enjoy it,  the bedroom is right off the dining room and you look from the dining room to the bathtub.  It has bugged me to no end since we moved.  So, it's easier to move the furniture than remodel a perfectly good house.

Here is what I mean about the bathtub:


I know it seems like pretty small thing.  Perfect husband says that closing both the doors is the best solution, but for some reason I never manage to remember to close them.


So, there is the table after the move:


And here is the dining room that I want to revamp into a sitting area.  It's right off the porch between the kitchen and master bedroom.  My long range plan is to replace the single opening door with a set of french doors that both open out to the porch.



(I moved the small drop leaf table under the chandelier to protect our heads)

I just don't know.  I guess I need to live with it a while before I move the chandelier, but I think I'll move the  hutch before I make a final decision.  And set and use the table a few times before I take the plunge and have the electrical moved and hang a chandelier.  I'd definitely like to put an area rug under the table also.

Why am I posting this?  I really want some opinions, ideas and comments on this change.  I'm not a designer and really don't want to call one in at this point ($$). 

Thanks for stopping by and (as long as it's clean) I honestly want your feedback. 

Don't forget to check out Metamorphasis Monday -- you'll love it. 


4 comments:

  1. I love your table in front of all the windows. I do like the area you will have a sitting room in. Sounds like you have a great plan going on! Off to do my Tea Time Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about putting a small pub type table under the chandeleir- use it for a game table. This will be great with the french doors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your ideas , the table looks good in front of the window .
    Blessings,
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.