2015

2015

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Haviland Luncheon for Company

I am joining Susan, the wonderful host of Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.  There are so many talented "scapers" who participate and inspire.

We've had lots of company so far this summer so I was ready for a reason to use my 'new' Haviland.  A brunch for four seemed perfect.

I set the table before I started cooking, so didn't get photos of the food.  We had fruit (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with a drizzle of agave), a little green salad with a simple dressing and toasted walnuts, and a cheese and vegetable quiche as well as a little breakfast roll, kind of a cross between a biscuit and a croissant. 


You may already know this is my recent Haviland find.  I'm looking forward to putting them to use so this is my first quicky attemp.




I thought using the greyish goblets would play upon the black in the dishware.
Here a closer look at the etching on these little sherbet cups from GoodWill. 

It was a great little brunch before a day of wine tasting and sight seeing. 


The Haviland is Schleiger #278 from a local antique mall;
fruit dishes are from Goodwill for $.25 each and I love the etching and little touch of grey in them;
water goblets are probably Libby that I've had for a while;
flatware is from Pier One, the Tadpole pattern that is years old;
tablecloth and napkins are probably from Ross, and;
I used the yellow Independence Ironstone dinner plates for chargers just to play up the yellow.

Thanks so much for visiting.  Don't forget to check out Tablescape Thursday.

11 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty! I love those etched fruit dishes! What a great deal you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fruit dishes are really pretty, I love the etchings too. What a great deal! Your tablescape is very pretty, lovely crisp colors....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Haviland! And I think the yellow is the perfect accent. Beautiful table!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what gorgeous china and such a beautiful tablescape. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore Haviland! Isn't it amazing how the antique Haviland border patterns work so beautifully with contemporary designs. A china for all times! Your tablescape is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that fabulous Haviland you found is going to be SO versatile! I really like it with the yellow plates as chargers and the glassware with a grey tint. I look forward to other tables you create with this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, I love the little dessert dishes. The yellow just adds that pop of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty table. I love the etched sherbets.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty table with the yellow charger plates...love the etched sherbets

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the yellow peeks through behind the plates. It's all very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.