2015

2015

Thursday, August 12, 2010

An Early Coral Dinner

After a busy, busy week of company things are beginning to settle down, only to gear up for more company in a few weeks.  Ah, the joys of summer.

I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday



http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2010/08/welcome-to-103rd-tablescape-thursday-my.htmlBetween Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday

This week was finally sunny and warm again so I decided to play around with a little lighter setting for an early supper with some friends.  With the gladiolas in full bloom color inspiration was pretty easy











The tablecloth is just a piece of fabric I've had for a while over a plain white tablecloth;
the plates and bowls are from Marshall's;
the salad plates are Mikasa Renaissance L2019 that were a Goodwill find;
the flatware is Reed and Barton stainless called "Asian Bird";
the napkins are from Pier One;
the goblets are recycled glass probably from Ross, and;
the flowers are from my yard.

Thanks so much for visiting.  I so enjoy all the beautiful and creative settings.  I hope you have enjoyed mine.

18 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just so pretty! The flowers are so lovely and I am envious. Mine are just trying to hang on in the heat. I love those salad plates and they look perfect with your white. I am going to have to go to the fabric store and see what I can find. That cloth looks great on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I love all of it! Love those white plates too, they are so 3D. Love your fabric and your flowers are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage plates from GW. You have put everything together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gladiolas are gorgeous! And I love your plates, I have them in turquoise. Love the salad plates too and the flatware...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what soft pretty colors. The gladiolas are stunning. Your dishes and the tablecloth are just perfect with them. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything goes so well on your table. I especially love your fresh flowers. they really make it pop. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flowers and the piece of fabric compliments them! Thanks for visiting! Love, ~Nana~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Gorgeous and sweet and cheerful!
    Blessings,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love gladiolas, and your's are gorgeous! I like them with your tablecloth, and your embossed plates are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful table, the glads and alstoemeria make a wonderful bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! This is Megan from Mikasa. We love the way that you incorporated the Renaissance pattern into your tablescape. It's beautiful!

    Check out our facebook and twitter pages for some fun decorating tips of our own!
    http://www.facebook.com/mikasadining
    http://www.twitter.com/mikasadining

    Do you have a twitter? We would love to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tables colors are gorgeous! I love that combination in the flowers. It says summer and then the orange hints at fall. So pretty! Thanks for stopping by.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so pretty! Love the cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I love Gladiolas. I planted 100 glads on the side of the house real late this year and they aren't blooming yet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a gorgeous tablescape!

    Also, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comment on my "proud wife" post! I'm glad I could help make your day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must have missed the roosters, sorry. I have lost 2 close friends in the last 12 days, so it is taking me longer to get through the list, but I will get through and see everyone. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.