2015

2015

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thrift Store Project Find

I enjoy hand embroidery.  I can't just sit with nothing in my hands.  So, I recently found this stamped tablecloth for $5.00 at a local thrift store.  I haven't decided on the colors for the flowers, but my guess is it will be daisy-like.  At any rate, my daisy stitch isn't what it should be (in fact it looks awful) so I will be practicing a while before I start it.



Thanks for looking.  To my fellow hand embroidery folks, any 'tips' for stitching are much appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. Hello... You have such a wonderful blog. Good luck with your embroidery project. :-) Looking forward to see the completed project.

    V JR

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice find! I can't wait to see it done! I have been spending a little time in the evening trying to remember my embroidery stitches and get the feel back. It has been so long since I really did any hand embroidery, I am way out of practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello..it will be lovely with you are finished! Thanks for stopping in to visit me today..I love hearing comments from my fellow bloggers! Take care..

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely find! I would use a hoop I do cross stitch and that will help you hold it while you stitch. They have some really nice ones now a days that are not that old fashioned round type. Mine is a snapez or something like that. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tablecloth will be lovely when it is finished.

    You asked me about cross-stitch. I don't know much about it - my husband is the stitcher in our family.

    Cross-stitch is one of the oldest forms of embroidery. I guess it can be lumped together with needlepoint which is also a form of counted thread embroidery. Usually needlepoint is done on a stiffer cloth with heavier yarn.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.