2015

2015

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sometimes Pink Wins

A huge bit of thanks to Suan at Between Naps on the Porch for her weekly Tablescape Thursday.   I so look forward to it every week. 


I am not a huge fan of pink.  I blame a great aunt who once told me "no one over the age of 4 should wear pink."  What a terrible thing to tell an impressionable 11 year old who thinks you're all that. 

Anyway, as I look out in the yard the azaleas are just gorgeous so the Pink wins the day, and interestingly enough, I have quite a bit of pink for someone who isn't a fan.


So this was the inspiration for tonight's table.  They are just incredible.


As I was going around the house finding things in pink, I ran across this cute little candle holder that is perfect for the beautiful pink azaleas
I have had this tablecloth and napkins for years and have used it very, very often in the springtime.  I've even used it on the patio.  I simply adore lilac but, unfortunately, don't have any in this yard and can't grow it here because it doesn't freeze.  They are a little pungent for eating around (according to the perfect husband) so it's probably a good thing.

One of the things I really like about this old cloth is the white on white part of it.  I also like the shade of green.  It hasn't seemed to fade even after all these years.
You may notice that it isn't exactly round, which is probably why it was in a seconds store, but I still like it.



These wine glasses look alot more purpleish in the photo than in person.   I was looking for amathyst when I got these.

One of the things that sold me on this particular set of dishes was the shape of the vegetable bowl.  Isn't that the funniest thing.  They've been packed away for years and now are back in service, pink and all.  I do like the grey color.  They appear more delicate than they are because of the little flowers on the rim. 
These little dollar store votives stole my heart and since I have lots of lavender in the yard I stuck some in with the azaleas (lavender, not votives).

Well I didn't notice until I posted this photo that the top half was dead....

And day turns to evening and I like the way the candlelight plays on the flowers.

And except for the salad fork going all amuck -- how did that happen?


The dinner turned out beautifully, even if it was pink.  Ya know, pink isn't so bad in the dark is it?

The dishes are Castleton, Lace pattern;
the tablecloth and napkins came from a second hand store somewhere;
the DOF glasses are Lenox Tuscany Seasons from a few years ago;
the wine glasses I got from ebay a while back at a real bargain;
the napkin rings are a white ceramic things from Big Lots for about  25 cents and I wish I had more;
the votives came from the Dollar Tree;
the thing I have the flowers in is really a candle holder I got from Good Will; and
the silver is Reed and Barton Francis 1.

Thanks so much for visiting.

And don't forget to visit Between Naps on the Porch.  You won't regret it.

22 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love grey and pink or grey and lilac together. And your flatware, OMG, they are exquisite, the design is so intricate and so beautiful!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your visit and comment! I am a new follower of yours. What a wonderful tablecloth! Your Castleton dishes and glasses complement it and the azaleas perfectly, and you already know I love your Francis I silver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so pretty! Your flowers are just gorgeous and I love your pretty table cloth! Lovely tablescape!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love pink! Have you joined Pink Saturday yet? Your table is beautiful, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your "I don't like pink" table...it's beautiful and it is all so pulled together. And your flowers are amazing!!! Are you becoming a pink girl????? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table this week! That gray and pink is favorite combination of mine. Wish I could get azaleas to grow here in the mtns! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply gorgeous! I'm loving that tablecloth and napkin set...and the silverware, wow!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty spring table scape. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful azaleas! I love pink! Your table is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous tablecloth! Beautiful table setting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful table setting! I love pink! Your flatware is gorgeous!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty tablescape...even if you don't love pink! I love pink! Love the votives and tablecloth! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table is so lovely! I adore that tablecloth and your dishes - so delicate! Your flowers are gorgeous and it just makes the whole setting look so romantic!
    Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely table...that tablecloth is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table is beautiful. I love the pink and the lavender in your flower arrangement is perfect. The glassware is wonderful with it. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my goodness, those azaleas are gorgeous! They are gorgeous on your table with all your other treasures. It's funny how we come to appreciate things all over again after they have been put away for a while. I love your flatware.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can almost smell those beautiful lilacs on your linens! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pink tablescape is beautiful. I really like your tablecloth with matching napkins - I miss having lilacs here too. Your gray, pink and white china is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. it's really pretty. It all goes together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely adore the lilacs and the pretty pink lilac glasses are so pretty. What a elegant table setting.
    You set the table the way I was taught too and don't see done to often anymore. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did a really great job putting everything together. I really like your plates! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pink is always pretty! Thanks for visiting.
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.