2015

2015

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Red White and Black Dinner for Two

It has been such a busy week I cannot even tell you.  More about that later.

In the meantime I am joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.  My favorite blog party.  Make sure to check it out for some incredible tablescapes. 

I got inspired by one of the posts over at Between Naps on the Porch for some relief from all the red, white and blue used for the July holiday weekend.  So, at the last minute I swapped the blue for black.
It was little challenging because I realized that most of the red I have is 'themed' for holidays.



After all the festive Independence Day decor it looks pretty plain.


I was a little pressed for time so I just plopped some ready in the middle of the table.  Not exactly a centerpiece, but better than nothing!





I definitely am going to work on another red, white and black setting.  I like it better than I thought I would.

We ended up eating later than usual, so lit the candles just because. 

It was a little dark for hubby so I took the photos before I turned the lights on for supper.

The tablecloth is one of the plain white ones I have;
the placemats came from Dollar Tree  (they only had two);
the stripped candle things came from Dollar Tree also;
the silver bowl with the red inside is Reed and Barton;
the black plates are my everyday Pfaltzgraff  "Midnight Sun";
the salad plates are Coventry "Velvet Flower" and I think they came from Ross;
the black glasses are Mikasa;
the flatware is my everyday non-stainless, and;
the napkins are from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Thank you so much for visiting. 

10 comments:

  1. Love the red black and white.,.wow those candle holders are really beautiful and make such a statment, I also love the black glassware, so beautiful....love it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think you did a great job on your red, black and white table. I love those striped candle holders. I must go check them out for myself. :)
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red and black theme! The glassware is gorgeous, I must be on the lookout for some for my table. thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant table! I love your square plates. They perfectly tie everything together!
    smiles!

    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a very striking table! The photo down the table really shows it off beautifully! The black plates against the red mats look wonderful, and the patterned plates tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think red, white and black is such a striking combination. It looks great! Those candleholders look so pretty in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! What a beautiful table...love the glassware. The salad plates are really very pretty, must have missed seeing them in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue that is a gorgeous table and Love the photos you took with the lights off and the glow of the candles. That is a super fine looking black and white table for two what a great idea! Have a wonderful Friday! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a very good job of putting everything together. I really like your dishes. Have a great weekend! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue,
    This is Blake with Mikasa. We are loving this tablescape! It's such a classic palette and the graphic dinnerware adds that pop of modern design.

    We're featuring you on our Facebook page today, so be sure to check it out!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/mikasadining?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.