2015

2015

Monday, July 19, 2010

Finishing the Playhouse

It has been a busy, busy week for me.  Thankfully, the weather has been great.  I'm joining Susan over a Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphasis Monday.  



There are some just wonderful things posted over there and I am pretty proud to be able to add my latest project.

When we moved to this house a couple of years ago this little playhouse had a lawn mower stored in it. I considered a few things, then I was blessed with a little grandgirl so, naturally, it stays a playhouse. It was, as you can se by the photos, unfinished, had been rained in, and badly in need of some interior work.


Perfect Husband did some repairs to the walls and electrical.  It needs a coat of exterior paint, but that's not fun, so I'm planning the inside.   Besides, I figure I can do the exterior while she's playing on the inside.






I thought it would be a great idea to put chalk board paint on one of the walls for drawing and the like.  Did you know it can be tinted in about 12 different colors!!!! Amazing.  So I went for the dark teal.   I'm going a little crazy with the color, but what the heck.  It's small and can easily be redone if/when we get tired of it.   Fun, fun, fun.

I saved some of the lace sheers that were in the house when we bought it to girl up the windows.

There is one MAJOR problem.  The door is only about 4.5' tall.  If I survive whacking my head a dozen times I will consider it a minor miracle.  I'm thinking of hanging beads or streamers from the top of the door, or even a pillow.

So after painting and adding carpet tiles and some valances I took out of the house, I think it's ready for the little gal!!  Of course I need to add some furniture, clean up the window frames and 'season' the teal blackboard paint - but it is done.
The brackets for the curtains were already there and I can't imagine why they aren't even on the top.  I may over them, I may not.  I'm sure as little one gets olderl we will redo it a couple of times anyway.
I realized I should have taken some pictures from the level of a 15 month old, but I don't think I could bend down one more time!
I can't wait to add a furniture and even a little area rug.  And I'm sure we will have a great time seasoning the chalk board - I decided we can do that together.

Oh, and I definitely have to cover up that outlet!

Thanks so much for visiting. 

3 comments:

  1. What a darling playhouse. I love the colors. Such a dream come true for little ones. Won't you have the best time playing in there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure this will be and so many memories will come of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming little playhouse...your little granddaughter doesn't know how lucky she is to have you for a grandmother..

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.