2015

2015

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back Home and Tea

I am joining the following blog parties this week.  There are so many wonderful places to see all things tea related.  I hope you take some time and visit a few.

The Plumed Pen:  Tuesday Tea for Two and Wednesday Tea for Me and Thee (I don't know how Wanda manages TWO parties in one week!  Amazing.

Martha and Terri's Teacup Tuesday:  There are truly beautiful things posted here.

Lady Katherine at Lady Katherine's Tea Parlor for Tea Time Tuesday:  Wonderful photos and great posts.

Wanda and Pam for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday


We spent the last weekend in our RV.  It was a fast trip and the weather was cold and dreary, but we met up with some wonderful friends and had a great time.  Friends make it all worth while, don't they.

Today I'm back home doing laundry, playing with my grandgirl and decided I needed to take some time for a quiet moment and some tea during her naptime.  Nothing fancy, but what a treat it was. 


I used the same linen I had for my last tea a few weeks ago.  And, as usual, I set two cups.  I'm not sure why I do that.  Perhaps I should try for a morning AND afternoon tea.


Just for fun I decided to use one of the 'flowering' tea buds I had.  The tea is not one of the best, but it's fun. 






The cup is a Foley China company. I really like the flower spray on the inside.
I haven't a clue what the name of the pattern is, but the number looks like 3236.


This is a Royal Ascot teacup


I don't know the pattern of this one either, but I do like the colors.

The silver tray, cream and sugar are thrift store finds that turned out beautifully when polished.
The spoons are plated that are also found treasures.

Thank you so much for joining me for tea today.  Make sure that you check out the other posts for some wonderful tea items.


15 comments:

  1. A lovely tea and beautiful teacups. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all gorgeous!!
    Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such lovely tea things. And I enjoyed watching the tea brew through the clear pot. Here's wishing you a Happy Tea Time Tuesday! I hope you'll join me for tea and for a chance to win an Alice in Wonderland Teapot and a surprise gift!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful china teacups. I love the flowering tea too. It always amazes me. Very pretty and so inviting. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the gold swirl to the pattern and the asymmetrical fluting, what a beauty, I would love to sip tea from that sweet cup!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks nice but I do LOVE that yellow cup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tea things, the yellow cup is special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness--this is all so dreamy and beautiful!!! Sending blessings your way for more beautiful times at your table such as these.
    Hugs,
    Cindy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tea settings..have a great evening!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I have to tell you, I going to Ebay to look for some of these cups. They are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I am coveting, I know, sorry. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a tranquil tea setting!! Perfect for sitting a spell in the afternoon!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty teacups, especially the yellow ones! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, a Foly tea cup and saucer! Beautiful. I just love it. It is so pretty with yellow on the outside and flowers in. And your second cup, I have never heard of Royal Ascot before. It is lovely too.
    Thank you for showing us your two cups today.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have really lovely and beautiful tea cups.
    Having a tea with you has been a pleasure
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back from your holiday.
    Thank you for joining us for tea.
    Laundry is not my favorite chore butI love having everything clean and put away!!
    A cup of tea helps! I have the same teapot. and tea I hope to feature thta some day soon too. It is fun to watch.
    Have a blessed week and hope to see you soon.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.