2015

2015

Monday, June 7, 2010

Welcome Guests


I am joining Southern Fried Dreams for Practice Hospitality Week 1.  I think it is a great idea since this summer we are going to have lots of guests. 

As I took these photos I realized I have work to do on my entry from the outside.  Kind of plain.  I have to tell you, however, that I hate painted concrete (not stained concrete, but painted concrete) with a passion because it is hard to clean and slick (and I fall alot).  Not sure what I'll do, but here it is.

The 'porch' is very, very small.  Not sure why, but it is.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I only have one little 15 month old granddaughter, but I couldn't resist this mat. 

And this is the 'new' piece I have just added to my entryway.  I'm still working on it, but I am really happy with the piece.

(I kept wondering what on earth that red thing is in the other room -- then I realized it is my laptop!)

The this is the reality of how my guests are greeted.  My trio of whippets.


And there you have it.  Since my first round of summer guests are due here on Thursday, I think I better get to work on the front porch!

Thanks so much for visiting.  And thanks for an inspiring and motivating Hospitality Party!!

6 comments:

  1. Your porch is lovey. I always think a plant or small tree just says welcome. Maybe just a nice pot with a pretty tall plant. The inside is just gorgeous. It really is welcoming. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Granny Sue, you do have a lovely porch and I think a plant would look so welcoming! I am sure you'll find something that warms your heart and your guests too Your home is awesome!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me smile b/c I had a photo of my dogs (and kids) at the front door too and I forgot to include it!! :s I think your front porch is lovely!! I can see that the painted concrete would be slippery, but it sure is pretty. :)

    I'm visiting from Southern Fried Gal's party. I hope you'll stop by my blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your front door. It doesn't need much, girl! You know my love for ferns and I think one would be very happy there. Maybe you could put it on a pedestal or in a tall planter? I like the other suggestions of a tree or tall plant, too.

    I also LOVE that piece in your entryway - gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing the puppies - that made me smile, too! Who wouldn't want to be greeted by those babies?

    Thank you for practicing hospitality! I can't wait to hear about the fun you have with your guests.

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the dogs ... my guests are greeted by the yapping and growling of my little chihuahua who thinks she's the guard dog.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.