2015

2015

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pet Health and Flea Protection

This post has nothing to do with dishes, but everything to do with pets.  We recently moved and changed vets.  As a result my dogs were put on Comfortis for fleas.  They have been on Sentinel for years with no problems and no fleas.

My 3.5 year old got very, very sick.  $400.00 and a sleepless night later it appears it was the Comfortis that made her sick.  She got fluids, an Xray and stomach medication and will be OK.  Not the way I wanted to spend one of my rare free days!

Be very careful with this medication.  It is relatively new I understand and it touted as a miracle drug.

My other two did not appear to have any issues with it.  But, I won't use it.  I have been attempting to locate the company to report the problem.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the heads up. I have two fluffy ones and will keep clear of Comfortis.

    Hope you can come and join us on Sunday for "Summer Sundays". It's all about what summer means to YOU!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this medication. I'm so glad you are spreading the word. I'll avoid it for my dogs. laurie

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.