2015

2015

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Little Bird and A Little Tea

This week just about got away from me!  It was the Monday holiday I think.  Or that's what I'm going to tell myself. 

I am a little late, but I am joining Wanda Lee for her Tuesday and Wednesday tea parties over at the Plumed Pen

I'm also joining Martha's Favorites who has some of the most amazing teacups I've ever seen.
I can't believe I almost missed them!  At least I was working on a post when I read your comment, Wanda Lee!
Recently I unpacked rediscovering some snack plates. 
They go perfectly with my new-ish tray so I thought I'd have lunch on them today.  I would not have noticed they were snack plates but for the tiny indention where the cup goes.  


Don't know why I set two places (probably because I have two)

I really like the colors - the soft green, the cream color on the flower and the subtle, somewhat realistic bird.

Doesn't that look cute with the birds.  Didn't really notice until I went to post the picture.

I found the napkin rings a while back on Ebay and waited and waited until the price was good.

Birds on one side, butterfly on the other.

This is the front of the cream and sugar bowl

And this is the back.  I really like the top of the sugar bowl. 

Each piece of this stainless has a different bird on the handle.  Cute.


The dishes are Chinese Garden by Shafford;
the stainless is Asian Birds by Reed and Barton;
the tray is from Lillian Vernon,
the napkins are from my collection, and;
the doilies were given to me by my Mother-in-law.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  And don't forget to check out all the wonderful posts at the Plumed Pen.

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful dishes! I love dishes with birds on them. Beautiful tray and napkin rings too...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi: I am so glad you made it! Your dishes are beautiful! We would have all missed them. The bird theme is just stunning. Thank you so much for sharing. Don't forget next Tuesday, I will be looking for you. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to visit you and see your china! I love your birdie plates and cups. They are just beautiful! Birds are the nicest decorations.'
    Hugs,
    As martha said, thank you so much for joining us for Tea Cup Tuesday.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there precious lady,

    The week got away with me as well!~I was so busy and tired and sadly have also suffered what may, in many ways, be ONE of the deepest losses of my life;(this is as true as could ever be true and without hyperbole as can ever be said, sad to say!~ I don't even know how I'll have the strength to carry on but for the grace of GOD AND SUPPORT OF MY LOVED ONES AND FRIENDS)!..,

    Nonetheless, I so love and appreciate you my dear fellow blogger and the consistent beauty of what you create uplifts and delights me deeply every single time! I absoltely love your teatime vignette this week! it is just so cheerful and pretty!~Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    I am just getting by, as a result of the kind of week that I've experienced, to thank some of you dear folks who so kindly partook with last week's tea!

    You are ever warmly welcome to join with my little teaparties, each and every time my dear!

    Hugs from Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.