2015

2015

Monday, June 28, 2010

Daisy Tea

This week I was surprised by these beautiful daisies blooming in the yard, so I decided it was a good excuse to have some tea.

I will be joining these great blog parties:
Tea Time Tuesday with Katherine at Lady Catherine's Tea Parlor;
Tuesday Tea for Two, Wednesday Tea for Thee and Me with Wanda Lee at the Plumed Pen
Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at Breath of Fresh Air
All thse signs are inspirations for this post. Visit them and you will be pleasantly suprised and entertained by all the lovely posts.



After a very busy week it was nice to sit down with a cup of tea and just enjoy the sunshine.
Oops, don't pay any attention to those teabags on the window sill.
The cups, saucers and plate are unmarked except for "Italy" stamped on the back;
the cream pitcher, sugarbowl and jam jar with spoon are from Lefton China;
the spoons are some monogrammed silverplate flatware from a thrift store;
the tablecloth and doily on the pate were given to me by my mother in law;
the napkins are some vintage linen that I've had a long time;
the teapot is Kent Pottery and came from Marshalls, and;
the daisies from my yard are in a glass candle holder that I repurposed.

Thanks so much for visiting.  Don't forget the check out all the Tuesday parties with tea at the center of them. 

19 comments:

  1. Oh Sue! this is so pretty and fresh looking! I love everything about this table! All the daisies are just beautiful especially the ones from your yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fresh summery table you have set! I love your Daisy theme. I think your daisy tea cups are very special. Thank you so much for showing us you beautiful table.
    hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the daisy tea you shared, very nice dishes and flowers from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very pretty, Sue! Those teacups and the teapot are just adorable. You set a very cute daisy themed summery table.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just so pretty, Sue. The daisies are so bright and lovely and so are the matching dishes and the teapot is beautiful. Thanks for stopping by. My teapot pattern is "Horseguards"....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely is this table you have set for us! I love the fresh daisies, and the pretty daisty patterned china too! Very fresh and summery!

    Happy Teacup Tuesday, warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE daisies ... such a happy flower! Lovely table and tea for summer fun! Thanks so much. Happy Teacup Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is lovely, but I am crazy over the teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi: Daisies are always happy flowers. They say forget me not! Your table is unforgetable and stunning. I love it all. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daisies.. aren't they the friendliest flowers ever and look so cheerful! love daisies.. soo sweet and pretty and same goes to your table setting and chinaware! adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post made me smile. Yes finding flowers in the yard is a Perfect reason for tea, and your tea looks so beautiful, light and summery. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daisy tablescape is very pretty. I love the cheerful cups and plates and the crisp table linens. Now I want some daisies in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fresh your daisy tea feels to me. This says summer. Love the simplicity of daisies.
    Thank you sharing these special dishes with us and a quiet relaxing moment at your tea table.
    So glad you had a moment to stop in for tea.
    Have a blessed week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love daisies, how absolutely precious is that tea set! You have created such a peaceful atmosphere perfect for a lovely cup of tea! Thank you so much!
    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello there sweet lady!

    My oh my, I just love your daisy tea party!..,

    How utterly fresh, darling and oh-so-pretty!~

    Thanks so much for joining in with all of the fun for what I lovingly refer to as; "Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland dear lady!

    I especially loved having you partake with this my 37th,'Tuesday Tea For Two', as well as for my 28th, 'Wednesday Tea For Me And Thee' and also my beloved 9th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday', shared meme with my dear friend Pam!.., Fun!

    Happy 'Teatime Tuesday' and 'Teacup Tuesday' as well!

    Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee
    @ The Plumed Pen and also @ Silken Purse

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, it's all so sweet and fresh! Daisies are always so appealing.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sue, what an amazing teaset that is.. I Love daises and your display was a joy to behold..

    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  18. There isnt a happier flower than a daisy!
    Beautiful setting!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sue!
    What a perfect tea time setting! Daisy's are a happy flower... so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.