2015

2015

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blue Plate Special

Many, many thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and her weekly Tablescape Thursday.  It has been such an inspiration to me and has, truly, made a change in my life. 

OK, here we go.

Weeks ago I posted a tablecloth that I found at a thrift store.  I've been trying to decide how to use it, so while we had some company recently I made my first attempt.


The next picture is out of order since it has a little glow of the candle going. 


Perfect husband worked for a bank for years and years and has a set of these pewter wine goblets.  I though the silver would go perfectly with the trim on the dishes.

And, of course, I had to get out my favorite Fostoria given to me by my wonderful Mother-in-Law.
I pulled out my only silver candelabra and little silver butter dish.


You can see a little to the tablecloth and napkin detail above.
We ate pretty early, but I couldn't resist lighting the candles anyway.
I love to use a tea light in these little Klondyke dishes because of the way the light shines on the table from them.

I started out wanting to showcase the tablecloth, but it ended up closer to a silver fest!!

The tablecloth and napkins were a thrift store purchase;
the silverware is Francis 1 from Reed and Barton;
the pewter goblets are from Sheffield and are many years old;
the glassware is Fostoria Mulberry pattern;
the dishes are Ashford and were purchased from Horchow a couple of years ago, but I don't know the pattern;
the other pieces of silverplate on the table are all from thrift stores, restored by polishing, and;
the aqua blue depression is the Klondyke pattern that I have collected over the years.


Thank you so much for visiting. 

 I truly hope you enjoyed my post, and hope you won't hesitate to offer comments and suggestions.

30 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the blue and silver together! It looks so pretty, especially in the candle light! Your dishs are gorgeous! I am really in love with your silver goblets. I have some that my mother gave me but they are in bad shape I may have to take a second look at them. Love your setting! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and silver for tables is one of my favorites..in fact, I have a post ready using some of my blues with silver. I don;t have those beautiful silver goblets, tho. :(
    Every thing is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon! Love the turquoise-y blue and silver color scheme! I spotted that Francis I right off. My sister inherited our grandmother's set of that pattern, lucky duck! This is just a glorious table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookie at all those beautiful hues of blue.. Your table looks wonderful.

    Hugs and happy 4th to you and yours
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this setting! The color is my new favorite..Horchow has such nice things! I love the simplicity of the blue and silver and white. So fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty tablescape. I love the blue dishes and they look wonderful with all the silver.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hues of blue and silver....very inviting! Love all of your pieces and they worked sooo well together. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there! This is my first time visiting your blog. I just became a Follower! My goodness, your table looks beautiful. I love those dishes -- and I am so jealous, do you know why? You have the Francis 1st flatware! Oh, I do LOVE this pattern. It has been too expensive for me to purchase. You are one lucky lady! It was nice visiting, take care!
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! A wonderful formal setting! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These colors are beautiful accent with your silver!!! Silver and crystal is a wonderful combination!!! Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the plates with the thrifted tablecloth. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty table! The blue with the pewter goblets is just lovely. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Thank you for the comment on my blog! Come back again - I have ANOTHER online store for you to visit! :)
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue, This looks very elegant. Love the blue and silver color scheme. Beautiful dishes, stemware, and pewter gobletes. The candleabra look great with the blue candles. Really pretty table!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, LOVE the blue Ashford plates. I'm sending a link to the page to my M-I-L who is a wonderful "tablescaper" & dish collector. she will love those plates, too!
    Smiles from Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is so pretty. I love your gorgeous china and all of your silver is absolutley stunning. So pretty. Your tablecloth and napkins are just the perfect touch. Everything just sparkles so beautifully. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! I love the blue and silver, that first shot really shows the color nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's magical. I love the blue. I love silver. Great job putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The white, silver and aqua are beautiful together. I think I am in love with your china...
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness I'm drooling over everything! LOVE your Fostoria and of course the Francis I. It is gorgeous. LOVE the depression glass in that blue. My mom just got several pieces of "Daisy and Button" in that color and it is beautiful in person. Beautiful!! Thanks for stopping by:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely Tablescape Thursday!

    God bless and may you have a wonderful 4th of July,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  22. The blue hues of the china and the candles are exquisit with the silver. So outstanding elegant. I love the Fostoria glasses and the flatware and of course the linnens, too. So pretty. Have a wonderful 4th of July.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning table! So elegant and inviting. The tablecloth and the colorful candles add nice contemporary touches to this timeless look. Nicely done!

    Regards,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  24. i am in love with those dishes, and of course the rest of your table, but those dishes! yes. love them!

    ugh, i hope i don't have to give up that little table completely, but this was rather frustrating. at least i know i'm not alone, but i can't imagine doing a big piece!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful and serene.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Sue! This is a GORGEOUS table! I love the colors and every beautiful detail! The stemware is stunning as are the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's so nice to see that I'm not the only one who likes to set a beautiful table. I came upon your site by accident but have left inspired. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your table is gorgeous! I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who is interested in setting a beautiful table. I came across your site by accident but am leaving it inspired. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.