2015

2015

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Aqua Blue Dinner

I am joining Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday this week.   There are some just incredible tablescapes over there so be sure to check them out.   Thank you Susan, not for just this weeks post, but for hosting this wonderful party every week.

While we had family here visiting we had a very casual early dinner.   Simple menu of grilled meat, cole slaw, and roasted potatoes called for a simple setting.  Too windy to eat on the porch.  No fancy layering of dishes.  We had a wonderful meal, lots of laughing and sharing.  What could be better than that!



The precious 15 month old joined us, so of course I had to set up the highchair!

The dishes are Mikasa Intaglio, Country Garden is the pattern;
wine goblets and blue water glasses I have had for years and years;
tablecloth and napkins came from Ross many years ago, and;
the silver is my favorite Francis 1 from Reed and Barton.
Oh, I think the sippy cup is from Nuk.

Thanks so much for visiting.  I hope in some small way you are inspired, entertained, encouraged.

12 comments:

  1. The blue glassware is so pretty! I see you and I both love to set a nice place setting even at the high chair. I always use my glass dishes with adult and babe alike. They can learn right from the start to appreciate eating off a pretty plate, with Mom or Grandma sitting near-by , of course!

    The menu is one I love to make, and now I am hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table setting is beautiful. The aqua glasses are amazing! And how cute is that high chair setting! Thanks for sharing!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your aqua's! There IS nothing better than a simple meal with family--Thanks for popping in for a visit! Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  4. That high chair setting is adorable! Love the blue glassware too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those blue glasses. I also like how you included the high chair picture too. We can't forget those precious babies, can we? Thanks for sharing and happy TT to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely, summer-y table setting! I love the way the aqua blue glasses echo the stripes in the tablecloth and napkins, and they go perfectly with that pretty Mikasa pattern. Family dinners are wonderful, especially when multiple generations are together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those aqua goblets-just gorgeous! I always love simple-that's how I roll! Thanks for sharing with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table, love the aqua stemware.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the blue glassware. Even the high chair has a special touch. It sounds like it was a perfect family dinner - the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fresh, pretty table. I love that you used a "grown up" plate at the highchair! Your silverwear is gorgeous! Frances I is one of my very favorite patterns -- maybe I'll be fortunate enough to acquire a few pieces of it one of these days! ;)

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Warmest regards,
    Bill

    P.S. Thank you for displaying my blog button. I forget about having it, and I'm always pleasantly surprised to see it on some kind person's sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pretty colors on the table and especially how you've coordinated with the highchair too. Nothing better than a table surrounded by the family you love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty table - the highchair - what a nice touch! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for the encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.