2015

2015

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Springy April Cornell

I am joining Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday so make sure to check out all the beautiful things posted there.

Several weeks ago I ran across these April Cornell placements and napkins at my favorite thrift store.  All four pieces cost me $4.00 which was more than I thought I should pay and at the time I wasn't sure about the color and what I would do with them.  Now I wish I had more than two sets.

If you have never seen April Cornell linens in person the quality is amazing.  The seams are beautiful and the tags (on this set anyway) are actually attached to the placemats and napkins so you don't have to cut them off (great for marketing).   

I thought they were a little too flowery for my taste, but once I got them ironed and got the table set I like them better and better.

So, here they are.



And of course I had to use them for dinner.


And I remember when I found these square reddish plates on sale I wasn't sure I liked them after I got them home and have never used them.  Funny how things work out isn't it.



Oops, forgot the water glasses



The redish plates are 222 Fifth Fleur Rouge from Marshall's; 
the napkin rings came from KMart;
the light green plates are from portugal and are also from Marshall's;
the flatware is my everyday old rusty stainless,
water glasses are from the Dollar Tree, and;
the wine goblets are my favorites off Ebay some time ago.

For dinner we will have salmon, salad, and vegetables.  Trying to be health ya know.

Be sure to check out Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan.  I know you will be amazed at the tablescapes that are there.


Thanks so much for stopping by. 

14 comments:

  1. I love April Cornell linens. The colors are so pretty.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! So colorful, gorgeous red and green! Very pretty linens too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did great on the linens. They are very pretty and make such a nice setting with your dish! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well for not knowing what to do with them, you did a great job. Love the colors on them, and the dishes you picked go perfectly!
    Great bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great in combination! It's a very welcoming look.Nice to visit. JQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv that angle on your salad plates:) Hope you have a FUN day!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love April Cornell. She spoke at the Southern Lady Event I attended many years ago, when I was wearing nothing but her dresses and hats. I love her linens and these placemats and napkins are perfect for the dinnerware from Marshall's!! Love the goblets also. Mama keeps telling me how she finds great stuff at the Dollar Store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks very nice together, it's great when picking up a piece here and there works out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty this is. Love April Cornell's linens and your flowers set this table off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, the dishes you chose to use with the beautiful AC linens are perfect...I bought some of those little red plates, but mine have the paisley print on them. I just love them!
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is just stunning! I LOVE those table linens -- gorgeous colors -- and your dishes are just perfect with them! How serendipitous that purchases made at different times came together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue, What a great find; April Cornell linen for $4, wow! Your table looks so beautiful and you did a great job putting it all together!
    Hugz,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful thrift store find! They are beautiful, and your place settings are perfect on them! To be using things you weren't sure you liked, you sure set a pretty table! laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. The linens are gorgeous! I think you paid a good pric for them because I know what a great quality linen they are. The table is just beautiful. So prefect for two. I have a large square platter of the same design as your square plates. It is a pretty pattern, I wish I had more to go with it.

    I hope you and your family are having a wonderful Memorial day!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.