2015

2015

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Redecorating Woes

We have an army of workers at our house and it just dawned on me that I didn't take any 'before' photos. 

You see, when we moved into this house over a year ago I could not take the wallpaper in the master bedroom.  Oh, it was nice, and probably very expensive, but it was floral, floral, floral with matching floral window coverings and lace sheers, matching bedspread with lots of eyelet and lace.  One of those Waverly fabric things, but I just couldn't take it.  I know from reading all these posts that if I posted before photos you'd be sick that I didn't like it.

So, one evening while perfect hubby was gone and I had a little wine (ok, ok, about half a bottle) I decided I couldn't sleep in the room anymore with all the stimulation, so I tore it off.  Naturally, there is not texture underneath the wallpaper (which was original to the house from 1993 or so).  I botched the texture job something awful and painted over it.  Pretty obvious.  (perfect hubby was not pleased). So, there were 3 guys here re-texturing the walls that I will have to repaint.  






And the jacuzzi tub that I got for my birthday in April of 2009 is being installed this week. What a nightmare that has become. Months, and months it seems.





And the replacement carpet that's been sitting in the garage for months was installed on the 3rd.  That navy blue just had to go. 

So, everything is in the living room.



The living room carpet is much, much better than the dark, dark forest green that was in here.  It sort of went with the navy blue.

I have Mother's Day tea planned for the 8th so I need to get busy.

Just a soft taupey brown (note the carpet -- yuk)

Dog crates really make a room don't you think.

But I did get the bedroom repainted. and some of the furniture back into it, and the carpet is much softer and warmer.  Now I think I'm going to paint the rocker ivory and I'm considering painting the old commode stand, but I'm really not sure I'm brave enough.

I can't really complain too much, with the economy like it is.  It's just that these projects seem to be endless and I'm ready to have the house back.  It seems like all the year and a half's worth of house projects have been condensed into one or two weeks.

I will be posting photos of the bedroom as soon as I have it put together. 

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I'm cracking up reading about a little too much wine and down with the flowers! Sometimes you just have to go for it and you obviously did just that! At least with hosting a Mothers Day event you'll have some motivation to get as much done as possible...that's how I am...when I know people are coming then I get busy cleaning! lol!

    Fun, fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...the joys of remodeling/redecorating! It is an adventiure to be sure, and when it drags on, ugh, it's pretty unbearable...that is until the big payoff comes...the reveal, the unveiling of a sweet new environment that reflects YOU and what you love...there's nothing quite as satisfying as that!

    You are a hoot...love reading your tales, trials and triumphs! Thanks so much for all your encouragement to me...it means so very much to me!

    Hugs & Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it may seem like a mess now, but what a thrill to have everything the way you finally want it. Can't wait to see the pics. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for you comments on my bar! Wow! You really do have your hands full right now. I hope all goes well for your tea! Can't wait to see the after pictures! It will be worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.