2015

2015

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Table

A very quiet Memorial Day compared to some in the past.  I still tear up during the Star Spangled Banner, and appreciate those who keep this country free.  It's humbling to consider all those who give of themselves and I really thought about that as I was setting this table.

So, here's my table for Memorial Day.  Since it's a quiet weekend and no huge outdoor event so there will be no paper plates. 

A while back I found some plates at Goodwill that I thought would be great for a patriotic table setting.  Unfortunately, I couldn't make them work.  Although I love the little flags on them, I just wasn't happy with the aqua with the red, white and blue.


So I went with the checkered.




















The checkered plates are from Sakura, Farmstand Fruit by David Carter Brown;
the placemats and dishtowel napkins came from the Dollar Tree as did the candle holders and the goblets;
I can't remember where I got the white and red plate star plates,
the 'chargers' are a couple of Mikasa Maxima Coronet Blue (they are pale blue in the center) that came from a thrift store, and;
the flatware is my everyday rusty stainlesss.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend and a meaningful Memorial Day.


5 comments:

  1. Sue, this table turned out wonderful! I love the look of each of the details. You were right, the first plates didn't look right with the aqua blue but the checked ones totally rocked this table! Ya just gotta love the Dollar Tree! As a matter of fact, I am using my Dollar Tree dishes for my tablescape this week.

    I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, Your table is so festive and patriotic, I love it! Thank you for sharing!
    Hugz,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, what a fabulous table setting!! I love every detail! I am happy I found your blog, I have joined in on Marty's party too!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful dishes. They are just perfect with the placemats and napkins. YOur starplates and the flag topiary is so creative and so pretty. Beautiful table. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dishes are my favorite part...so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.