2015

2015

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Latest Thrift Store Treasures



Don't you love recycling!  I had to deliver some things to the Goodwill store and one of my favorite thrift stores last week and, of course, picked up some things needing a home.



The is James Sadler, Thameside.  A cute little tea bag holder thing.  Gotta love it for a quarter.

This is Warren Kimble, Coastal Breeze Lighthouse.  I'm not that crazy about the lighthouse theme, but I thought with the flag they would be perfect for July.  They only had two for $1.00 for the set!

 7 of these salad plates for $2.25. 




These are Mikasa Renaissance L2019 from the 70's.  I've been drawn to brownish dishware lately so for about $.30 I'm sure I'll be able to use them.

And last but not least in the dish arena, was this little white and gold leaf shape from Occupied Japan. 


I also picked up a few linens that are soaking. Ya just can't have too many white table cloths. They are that white on white slick kind of fabric that irons up so crisp and nice. I don't know what it's called, but it's got that really soft feel. Love it.  Picked up a couple of tablecloths and some little luncheon/tea napkins.

That's it for this week's thrift store trip.  Thanks for visiting.  Have a great weekend.


10 comments:

  1. Oh what gorgeous treasures. I love your teabag caddy and the plates are all just gorgeous. Beautiful patterns. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for dropping in! I love the Mikasa and always adore flag motif. It will be great for Memorial Day and July! I have many items bargains Goodwill! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, love your teabag caddy and the plate with the flag is perfect. It reminds me of Cape Cod with the lighthouses. Thank you for visiting and leaving your kind comment on my "My "TWEET" Tablescape Thursday", it was so much fun designing this table. I'm really into birds this year and I love the yellow and blue in this tablescape.
    Hugz,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some terrific finds. The lighthouse plates will be great for the Fourth of July. I love those salad plates and can't wait to see what you do with them. The little gold and white leaf dish will sure to find a use and I love you British tea bag holder.I'd say you had a haul!

    Thank for your visit and all of your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgeous Finds!!! You really need to find the original chopper, it is so great! I have disabilites and have a lot of trouble opening cans and chopping. This has been a life saver for me.
    Good luck finding it.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found some great stuff on your treasure hunt. I especially like the lighthouse plates because I love the beach and all things associated with it.

    Thank you so much for stopping by to visit and for leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you found some fun and beautiful treasures thrifting! Of course that little teabag holder was right up my alley (and yours!). So cute. The lighthouse plates are wonderful. They will be a fun addition to tables during the summer months. And the Mikasa is so pretty! and what a great bargain! The little leaf dish will be great for a lot of uses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous treasures you found. I love all of them, and the prices were amazing! Enjoyed visiting you and seeing all of these bargains. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found some great treasures. Thanks for stopping by, and you have to really try the spray paint you will get hooked on it... I love using spray paint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i love that leaf plate! anything with leaves, and i'm in.

    i can't tell you how much i appreciate your comment in response to my lateness at the office. it's funny, but that upset me for the rest of the day and into the evening. at work, we park 1 car behind the other. it just burns me up that yesterday and today i had to wait 10 minutes (b/c i was here on time) to have someone to pull behind so i can be on the outside since i travel alot.

    thank you for your encouragement and for stopping by the cape on the corner!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.