2015

2015

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Simple Dinner

A little late, I am participating in Tablescape Thursday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2010/04/welcome-to-86th-tablescape-thursday.html  but I must warn you, my simple table setting cannot come close to what is posted on this website. 

My family was here last week for our Easter celebration so I made a very simple stuffed chicken dinner for Saturday night to tide us over.

I was so inspired by the Plaid at http://www.cuisinekathleen.com/2010/04/were-getting-there-i-am-plaid-you-came.html I decided to post this table.  I've had the cloth and napkins for a long time and although I really like the colors, especially the taupe color, I don't use it very often.  I have trouble putting things together with it for some reason.  But, since I had some pretty girly tables for Easter I thought I'd give a nod to the guys.






No chargers, no candles, nothing fancy.  Just an early dinner. 

The tablecloth and napkins are from Marshall's several years ago;
The napkin rings I just found at the Dollar Tree;
Flatware is my everyday stainless that came from Ross 10 years ago or so;
The wine glasses were on sale at Pier One this year for about $2.00;
The water glasses areCircleware, I think they are called, and are pretty old;
And the dishes are Mikasa Intaglio Country Garden.

 Oh crud, how long have I been putting the wine glasses on the wrong side of the water glasses.  Oops.
 I can look at old posts, I bet I've done it every time.

Thanks so much for looking.  I figure since I have to set the table almost every day anyway why not do it up right!  Or at least close.

20 comments:

  1. Simple is best. I love the plaid, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Sunday. So warm and cozy. -- Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a simple table...those plates are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psst...Most of us are pretty simple eaters too! Love your table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your plaid tablecloth. This looks like a charming Easter table setting. Often the table where we "really" eat, is not nearly as decorated up -- only special occasions. Thanks for your very sweet visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes simple is best:) The plaid tablecloth looks pretty and refreshing. Dinner sounds wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, Sue! Just enough to make it interesting and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That china is so cute. This table does just "sing" Spring and it sings it in such an inviting way. Love the plaids too. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What darling china! I knew it was Mikasa when I saw the shape of the vegetable bowl -- I have a Mikasa pattern in the same style, but mine is Windsor Park pattern. Yours looks so good with the plaid linens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love you plates......So summery looking. Nice tablescape. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello...

    Well, my friend...I love your pretty table! The plaid tablecloth and napkins...beautiful! I love, love, LOVE your garden plates!!! I also took a peek at your Easter tablescape...since you mentioned it in this post! It was absolutely gorgeous...and I loved all that sunny yellow! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely tables with us!

    I also wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my "Springtime" tablescape! I really enjoyed your visit and sweet note! Thank you!!!

    Have a fabulous Friday!
    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  12. For a regular meal, simple is best! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your plaid is gorgeous.

    Nothing's wrong without those things you mentioned. Simple is the best of all.

    Your tablescape is for real. Not many of us share the reality of tablescaping. I love your idea of sharing the simple reality of life.

    Keep up the good work, Lady.

    Have a nice Friday & w/end ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen those dishes before and think they are so cute! I love them. I love the plaid too and have purchased some fabric to make my own tablecloth and napkins. Now I just have to make them :)

    Cute tablescape.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice dishes. Makes a happy tablesetting.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh, this is so pretty and sings of spring. I love your beautiful dishes.
    and, I have no earthly idea which side the wine glass goes on. Oh, dear..I am sure that is another rule I have broken. :(
    I DID learn from our sweet MISS JANICE on how to lay a napkin correctly. Seems I learn something new every day, here in Blogland.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your table setting. It is just wonderful. I am a new follower to your blog. I hope you have a chance to come say hi. Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Plaid is ALWAYS a winner (along with, in my opinion, stripes and polka dots)! You mentioned on my blog that you're a new grandma, too! I'm 19 months in to this grandmother adventure -- and love every moment. She melts my heart! Isn't it wonderful?? I know your family enjoyed your Easter tablescape -- it is perfect! And welcome to grandmotherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for visiting Linderhof!

    Love the plaid linens! And such pretty dinnerware as well!

    It's a lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh those dishes are so cute! Wonderful table!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.