2015

2015

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rainy Morning Tea

We have a lovely rainy Tuesday morning.  Since our house is still a mess until the carpet is put into our bedroom, it just seem logical to make up a tea tray to sit and enjoy the morning rain.


Grab yourself some tea, and water and lets chat while it steeps.






















I really like this pattern from Crown Imperial but I have no idea what the name of it is.  I only have six pieces of it so I use it mostly for tea for two.  I should bite the bullet and have some search company find it for me, then I'd have another set to work on completing.


Nothing fancy in the tea area.  This is a great little tray I got from a thirft store and found, when I shined it up, it is by Reed and Barton.  Don't know the pattern or it it has one, but it's perfect for this.


Again I use the Christopher Stuart, “Empire House” teapot from my mother in law

Just a closeup of the napkins.  I've had then so long I don't remember where they originated.


This was a recent clearance at Marshall's that I thought I couldn't live without.  If you look in the background you can see the Agave juice that we tend to prefer for sweetner.  Perhaps I'll have to start looking for a cute little honey thing.  Hmmmmm,,, think I saw one recently.

The tray came years ago from Costco and was in a set of two or three.  This one is the middle size and I use it a lot of my ottoman for drinks and snacks and, of course, tea.

Many, many thanks to all of you how are visiting. 

Please be sure to check out  Tuesday Tea for Two  at http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/ and Tea Time Tuesday at http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/ for all the wonderful and inspiring posts that are there.

There are so many wonder posts in blogland and I really wish I could figure out how to get all those buttons and pictures and the like put on my blog page and I really hope that no one is offended or I do anything that is not polite in blogland.  So far, I'm have a great time playing with my dishes and soaking up all the beauty and inspiration. 

12 comments:

  1. Your tea tray is beautiful! I'm with you about learning all about blogland. Maybe some friendly bloggers will clue us in if (when) we make mistakes! Happy Tuesday, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tea was lovely; the cups and saucers, pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty tea setting. I like how the tray is deep. I like the cups and saucers, they're beautifil....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pattern of your china. I tried to research a bit but, came up empty. It's very pretty! I like the clean fresh look of the pattern. Your whole tea setting looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a "cuppa tea" to soothe the soul and your beautifully set tea tray puts one in just the right mood! Your china is lovely!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know we would enjoy a chat while the tea steeps and the sound of the rain. Lovely tea! The china pattern is beautiful!! So fresh!

    Thank you for stopping and your kind comments.
    Blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful little tea tray. Your teapot is so pretty. I love it all...and I collect little silver trays (well, I only have 3 or 4 but..that's a collection, right?) so I really love yours.
    xoo bj

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tea! The cups and saucers are gorgeous! So springy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty your tray is with the lovely China! The teapot is so lovely! Wonderful you have it! I just love your napkins, and the lace in the tray! Yes, the sugar bowl is wonderful! Now if you find the honey bowl let me know, I am searching for one, as many of my guest take their Tea with honey! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely Tea on Tea Time Tuesday! Can't wait to see your honey pot, now remember I want one too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read where you want the pictures. Just click on them and same the image to your pictures, when you load them you can click the link button and type the blog address in it, it you want it on your side bar choose gadgets and use the picture one and it has a place to link the blog url address in it. Hope this helps. If not email me at ladykatherineteaparlor@gmail.com I will be glad to help.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet tea tray! I love those napkins but I couldn't bring myself to use them. What a happy find with the Reed and Barton! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty teapot! Isn't tea time a nice time to take a deep breath and relax? Enjoy your new carpet. Joan

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.