2015

2015

Thursday, April 8, 2010

One Last Easter Hurrah!

Sheesh, Thursday already!   There are some incredible tablescapes posted at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday, so click on the box on the right to check them out if you haven't already.

I have reworked my Easter table so I'm a little happier with it.  I am looking forward to Sunday and having everyone here.


Yes, this is much better.

Amazing how the adding glasses and utensils makes such a difference.

Not to mention clearing off the table to make room for the food

I love these litte hen dishes and the little salt cellars.  I'm sure they will come off the table for dinner service.



The glasses wine and water glasses are Lenox Tuscany Seasons; the egg plates came from probably Ross or Marshalls; the dinnerware is Independence Ironstone; napkins and tablecloth came from a discount store a couple of years ago; napkins are from Kohls this year (I commented on that a few days ago)

And what, you ask, happened to the bunny plates, the tall candles and the bunny?  Well, I created a dessert table.  I am determined to use my living room - you know that room in the house that no one ever goes into except for Christmas.  Well, I decided to make mine a parlor, so we are going to start eating our dessert in here.
Since I have a round table cloth that matches the one in the dining room, I opened up the drop-leaf and used it. I sure am glad I got all those extra napkins when they were available.



And there is the bunny and the candlesticks that cluttered up the dining table.  And what's for dessert?  Carrot cake, of course.


I think this cake plate came from Target a few years ago.  You can turn it over and use it for chips and dip, but I never do.

I pulled out the pressed glass cream and sugar along with the Mikasa coffee cups and saucers.

I don't remember where this little thing came from, probably a thrift store, but it makes a really nice spooner.


Thanks so much for visiting.  And thank you to all those bloggers out there who never cease to amaze, awe and inspire me.  I wish I had time to comment on every one I visit so you will know I've visited.  And to all those who put together the blog parties!  They keep me on my toes and constantly trying harder.  That is a positive thing.

16 comments:

  1. Well, I had to work my way all the way to post #103 to see your table, but I'm glad I persevered! Your table is so pretty -- the colored glassware adds such a lovely touch. And your dessert table is spectacular! I LOVE those bunny plates, especially. I know your guests loved the beautiful setting you arranged for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tables look very nice and I am sure your guests will be delighted. I am in love with that little rabbit spooner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My in-laws are coming tomorrow and I am doing a combination Easter/Spring table. Your post is very timely and I am going to refer to your photos as I do my table. Yours is lovely! Annie Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tables look lovely! Great bunny plates. Love the idea of dessert in the living room.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the yellow Independance that I just sold to Replacements! I'm in love with the Limerick and Pillow Talk patterns. Your tables are gorgeous-I loved that you separated the dinner from the desserts. I never know what to do when it's time for dessert. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful table and desert table - you have put it all together....Love the colors....Thanks for the comment on my blog -

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about your table -- we have the same taste!! The cake plate is as cute as can be, as is the bunny holding a straw hat. Thanks for visiting my first tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! The colors looks so pretty with the yellow dishes!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

    Thanks for sharing. Happy Spring!! Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so right about the Living Room being underused! I'm going to try setting up a dessert table at the next holiday! Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun and colorful -- don't you just love the colors of Spring?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry I missed this. It looks great..and I love that bunny holding the hat..so cute, Sue!
    We never use the living room, and when we built this house 9 yrs ago I insisted on it! duh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the easter table - would love to know where the bunny plates and napkin rings came from...Thanks for your comment on my barscape - new follower of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I just love your Easter table! It is so pretty, cheery and inviting! I am sure your guests are going to love all the pretty and cute details!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE thos little hens! Are they Mosser Glass?? What a pretty, springtime table! Love that cake plate too! Thanks for stopping by:-)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.