2015

2015

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Morning Tea Tray

I got a new tray for my 'parlor' and decided today would be a great morning for a little tea and to participate in Tea Time Tuesday with Lady Katherine at http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/ and Wanda Lee for Tuesday Tea for Two at http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com/.   Thanks to both of these wonderful hostesses.




The sweet peas were in full bloom this morning and are a great shade of purple.


My dear mother-in-law gave me this tea pot for Christmas a few years back.  I really like it.  It seems to go with just about anything and I like the little topnot thing.  I'm not sure what it is supposed to be, but I like it.

The bird in the middle of these plates is what sold me on them originally.  They are pretty floral for me, but the bird is what I like and they are perfect for a little tea. (and I do mean little, the cups are smaller than they look!  Won't they be the perfect set for granddaughter)

This is probably my favorite cream and sugar (for today anyway).  I realized I don't have any sugar cubes and the packets of Splenda and Sweet N Low just looked tacky.

I am seriously considering getting some fake food to add to my tablescapes (you'd thinkg I never had food or something).  Or maybe I shouldn't be in such a hurry to take the photos.


The tray came from Lillian Vernon.
The china cups, saucers and plates are Paragon China, the pattern is Rockingham Green.
The teapot is Christopher Stuart, the pattern is Empire House.
The spoons are Reed and Barton's Francis 1.
The cream and sugar are from Royal Albert of England, the pattern is Silver Birch

Thanks for looking.  Don't forget to check out Lady Katherine's link and Wanda Lee's link for some really incredible settings.  Have a wonderful week.





11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. This looks so beautiful and inviting. All of your china pieces are stunning, the flowers are wonderful and the tray is just perfect. Couldn't be any better. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, from the sweet peas to the tray and the china is divine! Just beautiful!

    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tea set and your new tray is perfect to hold everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, first of all, I LOVE your pretty tray. I didn't realize L. Vernon had such pretty things.
    And, I would arm wrestle you for that lovely teapot if I lived close!! Love it and the cups, too.
    Everything was lovely...thank you for inviting me in for tea.
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new tea tray and all your beautiful tea accessories! I used to order many things from Lillian Vernon - you have inspired me to check that out again! Thank you for sharing your wonderful post!
    <>< Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty table! The china is lovely, but it is the sweet peas that I adore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Purple flowers always look nice with any setting. My favorite. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your tray and china. Your sweet peas look so lucky on your table...must be nice to have such good weather! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tea setting...love the green floral china tea cups.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I am loving these beautiful teacups and saucers! And that creamer and sugar bowl are just amazing. they are so unique in the pattern. I can understand why they are your favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so sorry I am so late! I have been exhausted after doing a reception for my daughter! I have loved your comments and Thank you so much for joining me at Tea Time Tuesday! I am in love with your tray! The china is so lovely! Oh, the cream and sugar bowl is just beautiful! I love these patterns! Now the sweet Peas are just so lovely! I never seen such a wonderful picture of these sweet peas! I do love this Tea Setting!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.