2015

2015

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Brightening a gloomy day

Another gloomy and overcast day here.  So, what could perk me up more than playing with the dishes.  Many, many thanks to Susan Between Naps on the Porch for her wonderful Tablescape Thursday party that is always such a wonderful inspiration.  If you haven't already checked them out you will be amazed by the creations.

(Susan, I sure wish I could get that little button on my post, but I haven't figured that out yet)


I'm sure most of you will recognize the dishes from Marshall's.   I really like the aqua blue and brown.  It's not too prissy for an evening dinner with enough color to keep me interested.  I just found the taupe/brown colored flatware at Ross last week and thought they'd be perfect for my blue and green plaid tablecloth from a prior setting.

As I was setting the table I looked out at the misty rain and low and behold here were some perfect flowers for the table.



They bring out the orange in the Lenox  dishes just perfectly.




The 'candle holders' are just round glass globes turned upside down since I wanted to raise the candles a bit.
The placemats and napkins I've had for years and I'm sure were a Ross purchase. 
The glasses are also very old. 
The little dessert dishes came from Ross but I don't remember the brand.  They come in a set of 6 colors so naturally, I had to get two sets.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your patience while I learn all about this blogging.  I am having a great time and I hope you are also.

Don't forget to check out Tablescape Thursday.




21 comments:

  1. Love it. So sweet! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Wonderful plates, and I love how you picked up the orange in the flowers and candles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous -- love that color combination! You are so lucky to have those flowers in your YARD to accent your pretty dishes! I think those placemats are perfect here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like we were on the same wave length! I love aqua! Your tablescape is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a soft and pretty tablescape. Those colors are so relaxing and beautiful. so clever to raise your candles on the globes. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there sweet lady,

    My what a lovely and cozy tablescape for a rainyday!I love the colors as well! Those flowers are just perfect with the Lenox plates, I agree! I especially like the clever use of your glass globes to raise up those candlesticks; great idea and very attractive..,

    Thanks so much for your kind and encouraging comments during my difficult times! It was really much appreciated!..,

    Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great setting for a relaxing evening meal. I especially love the tiger lillies, can't wait for them to get to my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty. love the soft colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like what you have done with your dishes...I have the same ones and never thought to put them together. The lilies really do bring out the orange in salad plate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and your flowers are just perfect with this tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the orange flowers & I'm not an orange person. They go perfect with the plates. Thanks for visiting my tablescape & leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovel...it seems orange is really becoming popular again. I love it. The fresh lilies with the plates and that aqua color are just a great combination. Truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table is so welcoming! There's nothing like fresh flowers from your very own garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice. Fresh flowers are always pretty for a table.
    Greeetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so pretty. I love the pale aqua! Sorry I am late getting here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty. It's a very unusual, but interesting mix of color.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  17. The aqua and the orange are gorgeous -- striking really. It's made all the more unique because the orange is bold and the aqua soft. I love it!! And your message about UPS and left hand turns is one I'll tell my mom immediately upon meeting up with her in heaven (if I can't get the message to her beforehand)! She'll be vindicated! I didn't post this week but have something in the works for this week. We got really busy at work. In fact, it's Sunday night, and I'm typing this from work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! I have those plates in the butterscotch yellow. (Love all the colors!) Those lilies sure make everything pop! I needed those for my lily tablescape!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.