2015

2015

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Table for Two

This is my participation in Tabletop Tuesday.

 I adore these goblets, a recent find.  They have an amber bowl that is lustery (is that a word) and a green stem.  Because I only have three I wanted to use them for a dinner for two.  But creating a table setting that I'm happy with has been a little difficult. 

I have always loved clear glass, but lately have developed an afinity for tinted glassware, especially in shades of amber and yellow.  Not sure why, perhaps its spring coming around and thoughts of Easter dinner that has done it.  Anyway, here are the goblets that hold my eye at the moment.


Since it is still March, my house is still decorated with a lot of green, so green it is.
I tried a dark green water glass because I only have three of them also.
But I didn't like that at all.  The green just off enough to make me uncomfortable. 

Next I tried a little lime green glass thinking perhaps that would go.  Well, as you can see it was awful. 

So I decided to use a recent Pier One find that I couldn't resist.  On sale, of course, so I only have 5 of them.   They are really pretty and are somewhat better. 


So, for a quiet and informal dinner for two, this is how it ended.  I will be on careful look-out for more coordinating glassware (gee how odd for me) and oh, I do like to be on a quest.



So now it's time to move into Spring.  A little early at my house, but all the posts are so inspiring I can't wait another week. 
I want to thank all those tablescape bloggers for all their inspiration.

Between Naps on the Porch
Tablescapers
Sweet Nothings
Affordable Accoutraments
The Plumed Pen
A Stroll Through Life
Around the House
and many, many others

Thanks for looking.


I am also joining Tabletop Tues at Marty’s http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/2010/03/5th-table-top-tuesday-more-spring.htmland apologize that I can't seem to get the appropriate links yet. That's the most frustrating about blogging for me.  I can't seem to get some things to work.  But, I'm studying on it and will figure it out I'm sure.  Please bear with me.

3 comments:

  1. Your tablescape looks gorgeous. I like all of your beautiful glasses. I thought they all looked good. Green is one of my favorite colors, so of course I loved this setting. Thanks so much for joining the party. This is such fun. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful goblets you have.. your display reminds me so much of my auntie's dining room. thanks for sharing it with us.
    Sonny
    your newest follower

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.