2015

2015

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tea for St. Patrick's Day Afternoon

I wasn't going to post anything, but I found some wonderful tea ideas at Lady Katherine Tea Parlor, http://ladykatherineteaparlor.blogspot.com/  that I just had to participate.  I wish I was a better blogger, I hope I'm not offending anyone by not linking correctly, or referring back to the correct place or whatever it is you do when you try to participate in something.  I'm sure I'll eventually get it. 

Here are some photos of my tea table I just set up in my living room.  The table is a smallish drop-leaf that I use quite a bit for tea  and visiting.  I've had it for years and just recently put it in front of the window.



I couldn't resist this photo of the beautiful day we had today.


The view from the top isn't that great, but I do love this green cake plate which is unmarked. 

This photo came out better with the flash on which is a little unusual.
The teacups are a Royal Grafton and an Aynsley, both with shamrocks.  The Sugar Bowl is Phoenix China.  The teapot is McCormick (interestingly enough I've seen it at a local antique store).  The creamer is unmarked but I just adore it, and the little spoon is an Oneida I got for 50cents somewhere. 


I had to include the detail from the tablecloth.  I can't remember where I got it now, but it's pretty amazing, not hand-done, but still amazing.

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I just adore your teapot and creamer! The plate is great! I love the tea cups and oh the cloth is just lovely! Now where is the plate tier idea you going to steal? lol I can't wait to see what you do next. Thank you for joining me today at Tea Time Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely teapot and teacups. And your cloth is beautiful. Your view out the window is very inviting.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Greetings from Frog Hollow Farm and many hugs for stopping by my blog today! Your tea party is just adorable, and I love the closeup photo of the linens - very, very nice! Have a wonderful evening and let's wish on a four-leaf-clover for another sunny day tomorrow. Ciao, Bella!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.