2015

2015

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Luncheon with Girlfriends

This week I am again participating once again in Susan's Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.   Thank you so much for hosting this wonderful event.  It inspires me every week so make sure you check out all the beautiful tablescapes that are there. 

I am going to do an Easter table, of course, but I'm just not ready yet.  I mean I have until Sunday, right?

I created this table setting for a luncheon with girlfriends on Tuesday afternoon.  A simple chicken salad in tomatoes, rolls and fruit with tea and coffee was on the menu.

I have had the dishes and the quilt for a long time and have always wanted to put them together for something.  I no longer have a magnolia tree in my yard, but I think some of the leaves from that tree would be just perfect don't you?

I noticed that after I took half the photos, I'd forgotten the knives.  Whew, I wonder about myself sometimes.


A friend of mine made this quilt for me about 13 year ago as a housewarming gift.  Oh, those lime green buckets in the window again and the granddaughter's box of toys in the corner.  Oh well.

I've been collecting this pattern for years.  It's Lifetime China Co., Turquoise Magnolia and was manufactured in the 50's I believe.  I adore the square luncheon plates.

It makes such a pretty place setting. 

I think the cup is just adorable.

And the cream and sugar.


Closeup of the quilt panel.  The reverse side is different so I may use it at another time.
Another view showing the lusterware tea/coffee pot.  Works well with these I think.

This is a butter dish I got years ago.  I use it all the time.  I think the pattern is called "teardrop" but everyone calls it the 'toes'.  I haven't a clue what the pattern on the top is.  I also have a relish dish in this pattern that's on the other side of the table.


One last view. (without the knives I may add)

The napkins are from Pier One
I have no clue where the water glasses came from
The silver is Francis 1 from Reed and Barton that I have collected for a long time
The center dish was a flea market find
The lusterware tea/coffee pot (I think it's actually a coffee pot) was an eBay find

Thanks to all of you for visiting and to all those tablescapers out there who are such an inspiration.

25 comments:

  1. I have never seen any prettier china than yours! It looks great with your quilt tablecloth! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is a perfect foil for the china. It's a great tablescape! And it isn't Easter yet! Cant wait to see what you do for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dishes and quilt look as though they were made for one another. I love the aqua color of those dishes and the unique shape. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty table! And it's reassuring to see other signs of life like the toy box and buckets. Obviously, real people live at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I just love the magnolia theme...so southern and wonderful! Sounds like a great menu too!

    Happy Easter,

    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love the china...I have never seen that before. LOVE the quilt also on the table:-) Lunch sounds pretty good too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! the magnolia quilt is! Your Magnolia China is just beautiful with the quilt! I love the teapot and cream and sugar! This is such a lovely setting! I think I have one of the plates to this set.Only one. So pretty! Makes you just want to have a seat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful quilt and tablescape. I had forgotten the glasses when I first started taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love, love, love your magnolia table...the dishes are so pretty and go so well with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tablescape is so pretty. The dishes remind me of the nice meals I had at my Aunt Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there sweet lady,

    This is just so fresh and cheerful! Everthing from the quilt, to the colours you have chosen, to your lovely dishes are all picture perfect; also the menu sounds yummy!

    Thanks so much for visitng my blog and for your kind words!

    Hugs, Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tablesetting is simply stunning. I love magnolias, I love the color turquise, the silver rand and I love rectangular shaped platters too. Oh it is just gorgeous. And nice combination with this silver butter dish.

    Have a nice Eastertime,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. That magnolia china is just exquisite! I have never seen that pattern, but I love it. And on that magnolia quilt? Fabulous! I look forward to future tables you design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am crazy about that china! I'm just a Southern girl at heart! Lovely tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! I love how everything goes so well together. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely! Such beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The colours are so lovely! What a fantastic idea to use the quilt as your tablecloth too! It looks like you have a great collection of that beautiful china. I can't wait to see what you do next time!

    Blessings and best wishes for a very happy Easter,
    Natasha.

    PS Thank you so much for visiting and for your well wishes for my 2 sick boys! I am glad Easter is here so that some chocolate eggs will take their mind off their injuries!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your sweet comments. I absolutely love your china here. I have never seen this pattern before. I love magnolias! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow your dishes are so beautiful and the setting is just so lovely, it is the most beautiful color of blue, I adore the whole setting...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous tablescape! I am in love with your beautiful china! Just love the flower inside each cup. The pattern reminds me so much of some of the Homer Laughlin patterns. The blue is such a lovely color. What a darling housewarming gift...the quilt is wonderful! I know you must treasure it!
    Happy Easter! :-)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is just beautiful..the dishes and the quilt..so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Any tips on where to find this China? My grandmother just gave me some and I want to complete my set!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful table setting! Any tips on where to acquire some more of this China? My grandmother gave me some and I would love to complete it!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.