2015

2015

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ok, ok, OK, Spring it is!

I'm not ready for Easter yet, I don't care how early in April it is.  Easter should be in the middle of April, not the first weekend.  OK, now that I have that off my chest I feel better.

I must say the postings for Easter tables are just amazing.  I love to comment, (I never have been one to keep an opinion to myself) but I am running out of adjectives.  They are all so beautiful and elegant and special.   I am just in awe of what bloggerland folks can do.

So I opened my "April" box, got out whatever I could find that looked like spring and started setting the table.  After a couple of not so successful attempts I settled on a few of my favorite things.

I sort of went with a yellow theme since it started out a bright, sunny day this morning.





















I changed the wine glasses before dinner.  I only have two of these, one green and one yellow so it seemed just perfect.

Placemats and napkins from Marshalls last year;
Yellow octagon dishes are Independence Ironstone I've had since 1972 or so and just unpacked recently;
Plates are Mikasa Intaglio Country Garden (I really like these and use them alot in spring and summer);
Little square plates, can't remember but they are perfectly pastel for spring;
Candle holders are from the dollar store;
Smaller glasses are Lenox Tuscany Seasons from a few years ago (I found some wine glasses to match on Ebay);
Yellow tulip goblets came from a dish exchange long ago;
the cylamen came from my mother-in-law and I could not resist using it for a little pop; and,
the bowl is a piece of depression glass I've had a long time.

Don't, worry I'll celebrate Easter on the right weekend - I'm not a total heathen!!

Thanks to Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for hosting Tablescape Thursday. and to everyone out there in blogland who so generously share their talents and photos.

Oh, can anyone tell me that the 'labels' at the bottom of the screen you post on is for?  I can't figure it out!!

Thanks for looking and happy spring/Easter.

8 comments:

  1. So pretty, I loved the lunch goblets, they are just so unusual and lovely, thanks for sharing this beautiful table, the evening wine glasses are so lovely...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - I agree! I love a later Easter too -- and I hate when they come in March! This is a very pretty spring tablescape. Love your colors today. Those labels can be posted on your sidebar -- then people can click on them according to title -- like just "tablescapes" -- if that's what they want to see -- or "Spring Decor" -- come on over and you'll see mine.

    Thanks for inviting us to your table this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, lol! I did not know how Easter is "scheduled" until I took German in college and I learned in German that Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon on or after March 21. I do prefer later in April! It's still winter here! Love your table with the beautiful colors! Perfect whenever Easter is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have an "April" box! I just have a Halloween box, a Thanksgiving box, a "seasonal" box, and (of course) loads of Christmas boxes. Your yellow tablescape is gorgeous and the Mikasa dishes so pretty, especially with those table linens! LOVE those tulip glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the colors and those square plates.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is just something about a yellow table that brings a smile to my face...yours is so pretty. I love the tulip glasses. The floral centerpiece goes so nicely with the dishes, it makes them really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully springy tablescape! And as for me...I'm not ready either! Still too cold! Happy weekend...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I totally agree! I am so not ready, and it is nasty here.
    I love your table the yellow chargers are wonderful!
    I am pondering what to do for Easter..14 adults and 7 kids..and I don't have enough of anything! This family is growing!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.