2015

2015

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Centerpi---What?

It's a funny thing; I have just come to the realization that I don't have a knack for centerpieces.  I see all these beautiful centerpieces on various blogs that seem to pull the table together and look wonderful.  It dawns on me that I've never really done anything but put food and perhaps a couple of candles on the table.  Just an old school southern gal I suppose and always focused on the food.

It's the wierdest thing, I grow flowers just so I can cut them and bring them inside so they always look like I plunked them in the vase just as I cut them around the yard.   You'd thing someone who loves to grow flowers and lives to set the table would have somehow managed to put the two together, but no.  Somehow I missed that life lesson. 

And one last thing, I noticed when I take photos of a tablescape I've done I haven't lined up the silverware and it's all catty whompus.  It's in the right place, but it's just a little out of kilter.  Funny, I never noticed that before - cracks me up when I think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet greetings from Frog Hollow Farm and thank you for your supportive comment! I just went back and added the link to Metamorphosis Mondays - I need to think things through before posting, I just get so excited and jump the gun sometimes! Ciao, Bella!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.