2015

2015

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another St. Patricks Setting




I am still new to Tablescape Thursday, to please bear with me. It IS Thursday,and I am tired of unpacking all the dishes and glassware I just packed up a few days ago, I decided to take a break and play with some dishes. Pea soup and cornbread is on the menu so it's nothing fancy. Oops, guess I'd better add soup spoons!
I don't usually use the clear plates (not sure why I'm not that fond of them). They came from Kmart and Walmart about 5 years ago when I had to accommodate 16 for a family Christmas buffet. I think some are Martha Stewart, but I had to search around to find enough at the last minute. You can just barely see the little green dessert plates that are some depression glass from my collection (had them for years).
The flatware is called "Tadpole" (gotta love that name) and came from Pier One about 10 years ago or more.
The Placemats and Napkins came from either Marshall's or Ross (probably Ross) 2-3 years ago.
Centerpiece is just a shamrock shaped dish from somewhere, and some beads from Walmart.
I want to thank Susan and Between Naps on the Porch.






5 comments:

  1. Hi..I'm bj and totally lovin' your pretty green table. Green is one of my favorite colors and I don't have much of it..
    Hope you'll come by and see another St. Paddy's table.
    xo bj
    O...and I LOVE pea soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm followin BJ again, she has a great blog and did a st. paddy table too, love pea soup and cornbread, funny thing you mentioned that, I like to put the cornbread in the pea soup, goofy huh, love the napkins and placemats are they vintage, they are wonderful, come for a visit and see my rabbits, your gonna love them, that is if you love rabbits...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your St Pat's table...love that shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT A DELIGHTFUL TABLE MY DEAR!~ IT IS EQUALLY DELIGHTFUL TO HAVE YOU JOIN WITH US FOR 'TABLESCAPE THURSDAY'!.., WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BLOGGING AND TO SUSAN'S FABULOUS BLOG PARTY!..,

    You are most warmly welcome to visit my blog as well!

    I also want to most warmly invite you to join myself and others, for my 22nd "Tuesday Tea For Two" meme / blog party, that is held every Tuesday @ my The Plumed Pen blog!

    ~ (My little blog party is very much like this blog party, yet aboutit is about 'afternoon tea')!.., You may blog really about anything that your heart desires about reference tea in general and/or the more specific topic of afternnon tea.~ Then just simply follow similar guidelines; as I also use Mr. Linky!.., I'd love to have you join in the fun!

    I am delighted to be your third follower my dear and I would very much appreciate it if you would also perhaps follow me.

    Cheers from Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table's charming. I like the green plates combined with the clear glass ones. Your menu sounds comforting and tasty. Sometimes simple meals are the most enjoyable.

    Hope your weekend goes well.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate your comments.